People often ask me, “Aren’t I too old to start in the martial arts?” My answer is always “you are never too old to start something that is going to give you lasting benefits.”
Some adults have the misconception that the only things we do in Martial Arts are kicks and punches. The truth is, there is a lot more than just that.
Here are the top five benefits of Martial Arts for adults:
- Better self confidence: This reason tops the list. This is due to goal setting, positive encouragement and respect for values. The greatest benefit reported by Martial Art students is greater self confidence. When you become more confident you’ll discover you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
- Total body workout: Martial Arts is a high-aerobic workout that uses every muscle group in the body. Stamina, muscle tone, flexibility, balance and strength will all improve.
- Stress relief: In class you get to kick, punch and scream, which is a great stress release no matter what your age.
- Reach and maintain your healthy weight: With the total-body workouts, tons of calories are burned during every class.
- Learn self-defense skills: Unlike any other form of exercise, with Martial Arts you learn potentially life-saving self-defense skills. At the same time you are getting in shape.
Come and try one of our Martial Arts classes for adults and see for yourself how it strengthens all aspects of your health and fitness. It will make you mentally stronger and teaches you how to protect yourself and your loved ones. This is the best-kept secret of total body fitness for adults in the world. It will change your life!!!
Be safe and stay aware,
Grandmaster 7th degree Black belt
Director Xtreme Tae Kwon Do